Mondays and Wednesdays 6:30-8pm
Fall Season: Players should expect two practices per week, a tournament weekend at McKinney’s Turlaxin’ event at the end of October and perhaps an additional handful of games.
Spring Season: Players should expect two practices per week, 8-12 games, 1-3 playday or tournament weekends.
Focus: 2 hands, more game concepts.
Observations: This level is the most important in preparing players for high school.
Program Development Track
– Pass and pick – roll off pick
– Give and go with either hand
– Draw and dump
– Side arm and overhand shooting
– Evade defender and re-doge
– Communicate on D
– Force attacker to HELP, even if it is inside
– “forcing to endline in crease defense situation, not ‘up the wings’